Canned Garlic Cloves
- Peeled garlic cloves
- Boil vinegar.
- Place peeled garlic cloves in jars. I used quart jars because that is what I had available. Smaller jars would work just as well.
- Pour boiling vinegar over garlic cloves and screw jar lids in tightly.
- Let jars sit for 12 hours to allow lids to seal.
- Store in refrigerator.
1. You will need approximately half a jar amount of vinegar for each jar you fill. The garlic will use up the remaining space.
2. Garlic will sometimes turn a blue while canned. This is a common occurrence and the garlic is safe to eat. It is sometimes caused by a chemical reaction when enzymes and sulfur-containing amino acids in the garlic are mixed with vinegar.