Enjoy summer year round with crisp pickled Dilly Beans with the infused flavour of a zesty dill and garlic. This is Count Von Garlics favourite pickled vegetable.
- 8 lbs. yellow or green beans
- 4 tbsp. coarse salt
- 12 spray or 12 tsp. dill seed
- 12 cloves garlic
- 12 cups vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups white sugar
- Trim beans and sprinkle with salt.
- Let stand 2 hours.
- Sterilize canning jars and lids.
- Rinse and boil beans in water for 7 minutes.
- While beans boil, combine vinegar, water and sugar and bring to a boil in a separate pot.
- Drain beans and pack tightly standing up in hot sterile jars.
- Add dill and garlic to jars.
- Pour hot mixture into jars and seal tightly.
- Run bubble remover or plastic knife around the side of jar pushing inward to remove any bubbles.
- Set hot jars on a towel and leave alone for 24 hours. You will hear lids pop as they seal.
Pickled garlic can change to a blue colour. The garlic is fine to eat and this is a common occurrence.